Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Red, White & Blue Challenge

I signed up for a red/white/blue challenge because it would be just that for me...a challenge. I have a thing about this color combo. Probably dates back to when I was a kid and women would wear this color combination a lot. Anything other than our flag with these colors together gives me the shivers. Anyway, this is my card.

I used a 2-step stamp set from Stampin' Up! - Happiness Always. I stamped the flower images on white cardstock and the saying is stamped on vellum cardstock. I needed the vellum to soften the colors. I also sponged Soft Sky on the white cardstock. The base of the butterfly is stamped with Baha Breeze (one of this year's in-colors from Stampin' Up!) and I stamped the detail stamp with Whisper White craft ink and embossed it with Iridescent ice embossing powder. The butterfly is attached to the vellum with a glue dot. This card is on its way to Laura Lipe. I hope she likes it!
Recipe:
Stamp Set: Happiness Always - level 3 hostess set from Stampin' up!
Paper: Baha Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Ink: Baha Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Soft Sky
Accessories: Riding Hood Red ribbon, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, silver mini brads, glue dot
Adair

No comments: