Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas Owl

I used to participate in Mary Jo Price-Williams' Lunchtime Sketch Challenge quite a bit. But, lately, I just haven't been able to participate like I would like to. Here is the link to her fabulous blog: http://technostamper.blogspot.com/. I am definitely late in submitting my card, but better late than never, I guess. Especially considering my track record!

I used one of my new Christmas stamp sets from Hero Arts called Owl Christmas. I just love this owl in a sweater! I need to use the other owls in this set, but I can't seem to get enough of this cute guy. I paper pieced the sweater with patterned paper from DCWV. The plaid paper on the card base has been embossed with Cuttlebug's snowflake embossing folder. I stamped the star with gold Encore ink and embossed with - you guessed it - Iridescent Ice embossing powder to give it a shimmer. There is red glitter on the berries on the branch. The snowflake embellishments are punched out with a retired snowflake punch from Stampin' Up! with added glitter. Do you get the idea that I like sparkle? The owl is colored with Prisma colored pencils blended with Goo-be-gone.
Thanks for visiting!
Recipe:
Stamp Set: Owl Christmas-Hero Arts
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Bliss Blue, Whisper White, patterned paper from DCWV
Ink: Always Artichoke, Basic Black, Encore gold
Accessories: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, red glitter, clear glitter, snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder, Prisma colored pencils
Adair

4 comments:

Pat Huntoon said...

Yippeee! So glad you started a blog -- now I can see all your beautiful creations all the time! this is gorgeous : )

MJ said...

Whoppppie! I agree with Pat, bout time! And this card is awesome. Love that images and the colors. Great to have you playing along again. Thanks.

Mari said...

I started a blog not that long ago, too. Learning curve is steep, but you seem to be doing great!

Anonymous said...

Owl isn't he/she CUTE!
Great job.
Nola