Thursday, November 6, 2008

Let's Try This Again!

I thought I was ready to blog when I created this blog, but I guess I was wrong. I have been stamping more lately, so I feel ready to give this another try. I have started making my Christmas cards. Here are a couple of cards I made.






I was at a scrapbook/stamping weekend in WI recently and bought this beautiful poinsettia stamp from The Angel Company. I thought it would look nice cut and layered as I did here. After making this card, I don't think I will be mass producing this card. My fingers won't be able to handle all that cutting!


Supplies: Poinsettia from TAC; Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke cardstock; VersaMark & Encore Gold ink; gold embossing powder, gold ribbon, snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder, Martha Stewart border punch.



This card uses a cute polar bear stamp from Gina K...isn't he darling? Again, I used the snowflake embossing folder (what did I do before Cuttlebug embossing folders?). Before running the background cardstock through the embossing folder, I stamped it a snowflake stamp with Whisper White craft ink and embossed with Iridenscent Ice embossing powder. The snowflake embellishment is a foam snowflake I purchased at Michael's with glitter added. I colored the polar bear with reinkers. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up well in this photo.

Supplies: Lace Snowflakes from Stampin' Up!, polar bear from Gina K; Baha Breeze, Soft Sky, Basic Gray, Whisper White cardstock; Basic Gray ink and various reinkers for coloring; Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Baha Breeze striped ribbon, snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder, Martha Stewart border punch, foam snowflake, glitter.



I would love to hear any feedback from you on my postings! Thank you for checking in!

Adair

3 comments:

Helen said...

Oh my dear Adair!

It seems blogging and blurfing are the way to go these days! Congrats on taking the plunge. I don't get much time at home for anything but keeping the house together...let alone trying to spend any amount of time on the computer! I have always admired your amazing stamping creativity and aspire to be more like you! Nice job on your Christmas cards! I will take either one!!

Anonymous said...

I sure do like your cards. You are so creative! I'm not even sure what a blog really is, let alone start one! Bravo to you!

My Creations said...

I am so happy you are starting a blog. I always love your work and you are a great inspiration. I haven't been stamping lately but when I see your work it makes me want to start again. I am so glad to hear from you again. Thank you for inviting me to see your blog. I love the colors you chose and the cards are just fabulous. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more.

Rubber Hugs.. Janet